Aixeena Taxonomy System is a set of extensions to integrate a very simple navigation tags in Joomla 2.5.
The package includes 4 extensions:
- Taxonomy Component: based on Joomla Search component is the one responsible for displaying the results for a given tag.
- The module "Taxonomy Cloud": shows a cloud of tags most often repeated (from the article metakey field) .
- The content plugin "Tags": shows the tags on the item .
- The search plugin "Tags": complements Joomla search.
Aixeena Taxonomy System works using the native capabilities of Joomla ! : The tags or keywords are entered in the field metakey the article, separated by commas.
Little more need be done, because the installation and configuration is simple:
- Install the extension package (will install four extensions of time).
- Publish the module and the plugins.
- Ensure that the search for tags plugin is first ordered the rest of search plugins (content, categories, etc ...).
- Enter the tags or keywords in the field metakey items.
This component works perfectly with the multilingual native Joomla 1.6 +, and is completely non-intrusive and does not affect performance because it does not add scripts, styles or extra queries to the database.
Demo: The component is used in this website, to the right shows the module "Taxonomy Cloud" with a tag cloud, and at the end of this article you can see the tags of it using the content plugin "Tags".
The component is developed under GNU license, and therefore offers no warranty.
04/03/2012 - Fixed some bugs on 1.0.3 version.